KTMW Board Chair receives Member (AM) in the General Order Division of the Order of Australia
Congratulations to our KTMW Board Chair, Jennifer Collins AM for becoming a Member (AM) in the General Order Division of the Order of Australia in the 2023 Australia Day Honours List: For significant service to veterans and their families, and to nursing.
Jennifer’s achievements include:
Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Deputy Commissioner, New South Wales and Australian Capital Territory, Senior Executive Service, 2004-2017.
- Acting Deputy President, Repatriation Commission, 2009.
New South Wales Nurses and Midwives’ Association
- President, National Branch, 1994-1998.
- State President, National Branch 1992-1998.
- Council Member, National Branch, 1987-1998.
- Delegate and Branch Secretary, Nursing Supervisor Branch, 1995-1997.
- President, Nursing Supervisor Branch, 1990-1993.
- Delegate and Vice-President, Nursing Supervisor Branch, 1987-1989.
- Member, Westmead Hospital Branch, 1984-1987.
- Life Member, 2006.
- Senior Research Fellow, Centre for Health Service Development, University of Wollongong, 2004.
- Senior Executive Service General Manager, Macarthur Health Service, 1998.
- Executive Service General Manager, Bega Valley Health Service, 1997.
- Executive Service Director, New South Wales Department of Health, 1993.
- Senior Nurse Manager, Westmead Hospital, 1985-1993.
- Chair and Board Director, Kokoda Track Memorial Walkway, current.
- Deputy Chair, New South Wales Branch, War Widows’ Guild of Australia, current.
- Delegate, Australian Council of Trade Unions, 1990-1998.
- Member, the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
- Former Founding Member, Women United by Defence.
Awards and Recognition include:
- Secretary’s Award for Innovation, Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
The Board, our volunteers and many members of the general and veteran community congratulate Jennifer on this award.
The Board is indeed lucky to have such passionate and caring individuals working for the benefit of the Walkway.
In 2022 Alice Kang, our Honorary Secretary and Treasurer, Founding Member and Board Member since 1998, was awarded the Medal of the Order of Australia (also in the Australia Day Honours List for that year), ‘For service to veterans, and to community health.’