Schools & Education Centre
SCHOOL EXCURSIONS TO THE MEMORIAL
School excursions are generally structured. Students are given an overview of the Memorial on arrival and introduced to Kokoda Veterans. To maximise understanding of the historical accounts of the New Guinea campaign along the Walkway, students are formed into groups led by a New Guinea Veteran. We are very fortunate to still have these wonderful men assist us on a voluntary basis, many of whom are now in their early nineties.
Students are encouraged to explore and read the material displayed, and at the same time learn from the Veterans .
HOW TO BOOK FOR A SCHOOL EXCURSION
Ms Alice Kang,
Kokoda Track Memorial Walkway
Telephone: 02 9767 8488
Telephone: 02 9767 5256
- School Excursion Program [pdf]
- Site Study for schools [PDF]
- Student Feedback survey [PDF]
- Risk Assessment for Schools [pdf]
- Primary School Worksheet [pdf]
- High School Questionaire [pdf]